Terms and Conditions and Stud REGULATIONS 2023
By placing your semen order, you accept the stud regulations, payment conditions and the insemination contract; if you stable your mare with us, you also
accept our terms and conditions with regard to insemination and stabling. Details of these are displayed in the mares’ stable. If you have your mare covered for
the first time, you must provide a copy of the pedigree certificate and/or breeding permit form of your association at the time of breeding. A swab test is
required before insemination can take place.
The breeding season starts on 15 February & ends on 01. September.
• We are happy to present studs to interested breeders. Please phone in advance to make an appointment.
• Stalls with regular paddock access are provided for our visiting mares booked for insemination. Daily livery rate for mares w/o foal: € 30.00, with
foal: € 35.00 + VAT
• If you are not using one of our own studs we charge the following processing fee per heat € 150.00 + VAT Veterinarians’ costs are billed separately.
II. SEMEN SHIPMENTS AND USE OF SEMEN
In order to ensure optimal deliveries, please note the following:
1. Semen orders for the following day can be placed from Monday to Friday 8:00- 10.00 am, on Saturday 7:30- 9.00 am. For shipments abroad please
order Mo to Fr by 9.00 am. Please order by phone only. Our number: +49 (0) 85 61 /14 00. When placing an online order/order via mail or fax, we will call you
back to confirm, only then does the order become valid.
Please note: No shipping on Sundays and public holidays. Nevertheless, collection in person is possible on these days. Your delivery will be ready
for you from 1 and 5 pm.
2. We usually ship a maximum of 3 portions of fresh semen per heat and provide you with semen for 3 heat cycles in the particular breeding
season.This excludes frozen semen. Herefor please contact our office.
3. The first part of the stud fee is due with the first order in advance. Exceptions to this are the specially specified offers.
Additional shipments are only made once the due fees for that order have been received. If we have not received gestation/non-gestation confirmation 8
weeks after the semen shipment, successful gestation is assumed and the additional gestation fee automatically becomes due and will be invoiced. After
15 September all remaining gestations fees will automatically become due and will be invoiced.
4. With every delivery you receive two copies of the semen documentation form for each portion. This should be checked by you, filled out and signed
by your vet and one copy per semen portion returned to us by the mare holder within one week (email or fax is fine).
5. The broodmare holder must return the last semen documentation form to us before 15 September.
6. You may only produce one foal per stud fee. If an additional mare is being inseminated, all relevant information must be submitted to us without delay
and the stud fee for that mare will be invoiced. Where frozen semen is used, the mare owner agrees to return to the keeper of the stallion any unused
portions of frozen semen within 14 days after successful fertilisation has been confirmed, with any costs or risks remaining with the mare owner.
7. Veterinary confirmation of non-gestation must be provided as evidence and submitted no later than 15 September in the year of breeding. In case
no evidence is received, the provision becomes invalid and the gestation fee becomes due.
8. Shipping costs vary according to destination and are charged to the person placing the order. Please call our office for more detailed
information. For deliveries of frozen semen using one of our freezer boxes we charge a rental and liquid nitrogen fee.
9. Please return the transport and freezer containers by mail within 3 days (postage and insurance paid by you). The customer is liable for the undamaged return transport of the freezer/shipping box for deep frozen semen to Hengststation Bachl
10. We are using an external freight company for the delivery of your order. Hengststation Bachl cannot be held liable for the timely delivery of your
11. If you are inseminating your mare with semen from your own horses we require the insemination certificate prior to the first insemination.
LIVE FOAL PAYMENT
The measure serves to support the breeders. The breeder must report the birth of the resulting foal and pay the stud fee within 48 hours. If the breeder fails to
report his live-born foal to the Bachl stallion station, a fine of 1,000 euros will be levied in addition to the stud fee to be paid.
Shipping costs and fees incurred for an official veterinary certificate (traces) when shipping abroad are to be paid immediately after receipt of the invoice.
EMBRYO TRANSFER, ICSI and other advanced reproductive techniques:
Special provisions apply here. The use of the semen for this technique may only take place after consultation with the office and a written agreement.
Sale of frozen semen portions: please contact our office.
III. STUD FEE AND FURTHER REGULATIONS
1. Invoices: The published stud fees and prices are exclusive of VAT and are due no later than 10 days after the invoice date. This does not apply to stud
fees that require advance payment. Where possible, invoices will be sent by email. Late payments incur a reminder fee and any collection changes that
may occur in and out of court. You can only redeem one discount or voucher per stud fee. If an invoice that includes a discount is not paid on time, the
discount becomes invalid.
2. Shipments abroad require advance payment of the complete stud fees, shipping costs and the certificate by the official veterinarian. This equally
applies to customers with a non-German address. All bank charges must be paid by the mare holder. In case of an unsuccessful insemination we can only
provide you with a voicher for the second part of the payment, if the unsuccessful insemination is confirmed until October 1 of the current breeding
3. If a stallion is unavailable for certain reasons (e.g. competition, illness), frozen sperm can be used or an alternative stallion can be offered.
4. To change an invoice or the breeding permit to a new breeder we require a written declaration by both the old and the new breeder and charge
€ 20.00 for the amendment. The stud fee remains the obligation of the broodmare holder/breeder placing the order.
5. At the end of the breeding season and once all required documentation has been received and all costs have been settled, we provide you with a
breeding certificate to notify your breeding association of the birth.
6. Hengststation Bachl is unable to provide a guarantee for gestation.
7. The following bank account should be used for all payments:
Bank name: UniCredit
IBAN: DE517432 0073 6610 1103 53
Court of jurisdiction: Eggenfelden
EU semen collection centre KBP 023-EW